What Is My Web Shield?
My Web Shield is an adware infection that could come to your computer through freeware. Once infected by My Web Shield, It will display various advertisements as underlined text “Ads by My Web Shield”, “powered by My Web Shield” or “Brought by My Web Shield” and often shown as boxes containing coupons with additional pop-ups, video, various links. By clicking those ads or link it redirect you to unwanted advertisements or social engineering scams such as Flash Player, Browser or Media Player updates, and installing them can cause your computer to be infected with harmful virus. although My Web Shield is not a real threat to your computer, but it can be very irritating as well as risky as browser extensions added by adware might slow down your computer and collect personal information such as your ip address, your location, your browsing habits and eventually used for marketing, research, or sold for revenue. You should remove this virus as soon as possible. Here is the complete guide for removal of My Web Shield.
|Name||” My Web Shield “|
|Description||” My Web Shield ” Shows invasive ads and redirects users to unknown websites.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, Malware Attacks, Cyber Theft, Deliver of Fake error warnings, avoid visiting useful web address, Change of browser settings and adding up start-up codes to Registry Editor.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download the Detection/Removal tool– To confirm attack of ” My Web Shield ” virus on your computer.|
We would recommend to use below tool and run it on your computer to remove My Web Shield automatically.
Methods Of Distribution
Perhaps you are not very much sure how it got into your PC, as the method of distribution of My Web Shield is quite tricky. it can be distributed with third-party installation setups. or may be got inside your PC while Visiting any suspicious links like pornographic, torrents, suspicious pop-ups so on. My Web Shield can also infect the targeted PC while Updating existing programs/applications from any unverified redirected links or Peer-to-Peer sharing of files, playing online games, downloading pirated software, infected media devices.
Hence users are always advised to choose “custom” or “Advanced” installation steps while going through next installation procedure. and must remain alert while updating their software or sharing any files through the internet.
Effect Of My Web Shield virus on your computer
- Modifies default browser’s setting without the awareness of users.
- This Virus Hijacks your current webpage and redirect it to unknown sites.
- It also shows banners, transitional in-line text Ads and Highlighted keywords under “Sponsored by My Web Shield “.
- My Web Shield is infamous for inserting computer with unknown infections and can steal your personal data like IP address, login data and browsing keywords and visited URLs.
- Consumes all the available resources of the system making the performance dull.
Methods to remove My Web Shield from the computer
If you have My Web Shield virus dropped inside, then your computer might also be infected with other spyware and potentially unwanted programs. You can try removing those manually, but manual method may not help you out fully to remove all the threats as they can regenerate itself if a single program code remain inside. Also, manual method requires very much proficiency in registry and program details, ant single mistake can put you in big trouble. Your computer may even crash down in the middle. Thus, Security researchers and virus experts always recommend using powerful and effective anti-spyware scanner and protector tool to completely remove the spyware or other potentially unwanted software from the infected computer system or other device.
How to manually remove My Web Shield from your computer
Follow the below steps carefully to remove My Web Shield completely from your computer.
Please Note that the manual steps involves registry changes which may damage your computer if not performed properly. For Automatic removal, please download the tool below which will do the same automatically without harming anything and does not require special attention.
How to manually remove My Web Shield from browsers:
Step:1 • Remove unwanted and suspicious browser add-ons, toolbar and extensions:
|From Internet Explorer
1. Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner of the browser.
2. Choose Manage add-ons from the menu.
3. Select Toolbar and Extension tab.
4. Search for My Web Shield or other suspicious add-ons.
5. Click Disable button.6. Select the following options one by one: Tool ->> Internet Options ->> Advanced ->> Reset7. On Reset IE settings tab, tick Delete personal settings, click Reset button and you will get Reset IE Settings window
|from Google Chrome:
1. Start google chrome
2. Type chrome://settings/ on the address bar.
3. Click on the Extensions tab.
4. Search for My Web Shield or other suspicious extensions and delete it.
5. Reset Homepage and search engine.Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings:
1. Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom again and click Reset browser settings
1. Open your Safari browser from the dock.
2. Click on Safari in your Safari menu at the top of your screen.
3. A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled “Reset Safari…”
|From Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Type about:addonds on the address bar.
3. Search related My Web Shield extensions or other suspicious extensions.
4. Click the remove button.5. Click on the orange Firefox icon->> choose Help ->>choose Troubleshooting information
6. Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want to reset the browser to its initial state. Click Finish button when you get the Import Complete window.
Note: This can only remove the extensions and add-ons from the browsers. The complete removal means more than this. You must reset browser settings and re-launch all the browsers. It is recommended to use automatic Reset browser option from the SpyHunter strong antivirus tool.
Step:-2 • Remove all associates files from operating system:
|From Windows XP:
1. Click Start
2. Choose control panel
3. Choose Add/Remove Programs
4. Find My Web Shield related files.
5. Click Remove button.
|From Windows 8:
1. Right click on the bottom left corner of the computer screen
2. Choose control panel from the left menu
3. Go to programs and Features and click uninstall a program
4. Search for My Web Shield and related suspicious program
5. Click Uninstall button.
|From Windows 7/ Vista:
1. Click start and select Control panel
2. Select Programs and features and Uninstall a program
3. Find My Web Shield related files.
4. Click Remove button.
How to Remove Registry files from SafeMode:
There are many Malware/Adware/Spyware and malicious application which won’t allow the user to uninstall or remove the files with normal windows boot. In such scenarios, please follow the below instructions to start your computer in Safe mode and remove the malicious files and registry information.
Step 1: If ‘ My Web Shield stops you from starting your system in Safe Mode with Networking, attempt to restart your system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing ‘F8’ key while your system is booting.
Press F8 key continuously until the Windows Advanced Options Menu launches. And then press Enter key to continue.
Step 2: Once the windows started, Go to Start -> RUN -> Type “CMD”
On the ‘Command Prompt’ -> Type ‘Regedit’ to open ‘Windows Explorer’
- Registry Editor window will open, locate and delete all registry items associated with ‘ My Web Shield ‘ .
- Go to File click Export
- Save the File in c:\ as regbackup, click save
- Go to Edit<Find > and search for anyentry related to ‘ My Web Shield ‘ .
- Press Delete to remove it
- Continue pressing F3 and deleting items related to the program, until all the links are gone.
Note: You must only choose and delete the values and their associated registry entries for My Web Shield , others should not be altered, edited or deleted. At any point you think not comfortable with the manual process, stop it immediately and use My Web Shield . Removal Tool for safe problem solution.
Step:-4 • Reboot the Computer and Run the Anti-malware tool for Complete Removal of ‘ My Web Shield ‘ .
Automatic My Web Shield Removal solution
SpyHunter has got all the feature that can help to remove My Web Shield virus from the infected computer and also prevent the other threats to attack the device in future. Once SpyHunter starts to run in the background, it will keep up notified if any threat or PUP tries to enter. Another feature of SpyHunter is that, whenever you install any new program it will first scan the program and if it is not from any trusted source, it will notify you. Thus you can choose yourself either to go through the next installation step or stop right there.
How to install Spyhunter:
Please follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully.
- Once you’ve clicked on the download button, the file name “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” will start downloading to your computer. You can refresh this page to restart the download if needed.
- In the “Downloads” dialog box, double-click the “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to open it.
- If the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes”.
- Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to move on to the next step.
- To proceed to the installation, click “Continue” button.
- Click “Finish” on the last step. If the dialog box prompts you to enter information, you have the option of adding your own information or simply accept the default information that the setup program provided.
- Once the program has completely installed, you can delete the file name “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” from the Desktop. To open “SpyHunter”, locate it on the Desktop and click on its icon; or go to the Windows “Start” menu, select “Programs” or “All Programs” and click on the “SpyHunter” icon.
- After installation this program should be updated and scan. Examine the result when the scan will be finished. If you find some useful for you utilities in the list, so you can eliminate the tick near it, otherwise Spyhunter will remove the software. It pertains to the uncommon and special utilities that users install for their work. But generally, there is no need to delete any ticks.
- After that you should click Fix Threats button. If you have already had the license, then the viruses will be removed. In case you did not, then you will have the opportunity to pay for the license key.
Now Reboot the computer and run the scanner to detect any threat or suspicious program remaining inside. If you are not satisfied with the results and still see the issues, We recommend using the automatic My Web Shield Removal tool for complete removal.
Automatic Removal solution for My Web Shield Virus
For Mac Users, Experts Recommend the Most Trusted and Effective Anti-malware solution..
Click the above link to download “MacKeeper Lite” and follow the installation instruction.
Unwanted Application uninstall recommendation
We would recommend to use ‘Perfect Uninstaller’ to safely uninstall any unwanted program including ” My Web Shield “. Sometimes, the corrupted files and malware won’t uninstall the traditional way of going to Add/Remove program and uninstall. If you are having trouble uninstalling such unwanted applications from your computer the ‘Perfect Uninstaller’ is the best solution.