What is ‘Ghostify’
“Ghostify” can be categorized as a potentially unwanted program that often installed in your computer along with free software download. Ghostify can be added to all your web browsers as a browser add-on or extension. That’s why every page you are vising is full of Ghostify Ads. You will see many ads like Compare, Deals, Inline, Related, Review and Search related ads, which are produced by Ghostify on your infected browser. These ads by Ghostify might not be safe and users may be redirected to insecure websites where they may injected with others malware. Presence of Ghostify in your computer often invites other adware or Trojan which really degrade your computer’s performance and also your browsing speed slowdown. You must uninstall this nasty adware program to avoid such issues.
|Description||“Ghostify ” used to sponsor third party advertisements through showing pop-ups and sponsored links all over the browsers.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, Malware Attacks, Cyber Theft, Deliver of Fake error warnings, avoid visiting useful web address, Change of browser settings and adding up start-up codes to Registry Editor.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download the Detection/Removal tool– To confirm attack of “Ghostify ” virus on your computer.|
We would recommend to use below tool and run it on your computer to remove Ghostify automatically.
Methods Of Distribution:
Perhaps you are not very much sure how it got into your PC, as the method of distribution of Ghostify is quite tricky. it can be distributed with third-party installation setups. or may be got inside your PC while Visiting any suspicious links like pornographic, torrents, suspicious pop-ups so on. Ghostify can also infect the targeted PC while Updating existing programs/applications from any unverified redirected links or Peer-to-Peer sharing of files, playing online games, downloading pirated software, infected media devices.
Hence users are always advised to choose “custom” or “Advanced” installation steps while going through next installation procedure. and must remain alert while updating their software or sharing any files through the internet.
Effect Of Ghostify virus on your computer
•Ghostify inserts its malicious code into executable files on the infected system to execute automatically.
•Ghostify Hijacks your current webpage and redirect it to unknown sites.
•Ghostify always bypass security tools through rootkit tactic.
•Ghostify is infamous for inserting computer with unknown infections.
•Ghostify update your installed application without your permission.
•Ghostify can steal your personal data like IP address, login data and browsing keywords and visited URLs.
•Ghostify throws fake security alerts, pop-ups and warnings.
•Ghostify consumes all the available resources of the system making the performance dull.
Methods to remove Ghostify from the computer
If you have Ghostify virus dropped inside, then your computer might also be infected with other spyware and potentially unwanted programs. You can try removing those manually, but manual method may not help you out fully to remove all the threats as they can regenerate itself if a single program code remain inside. Also, manual method requires very much proficiency in registry and program details, ant single mistake can put you in big trouble. Your computer may even crash down in the middle. Thus, Security researchers and virus experts always recommend using powerful and effective anti-spyware scanner and protector tool to completely remove the spyware or other potentially unwanted software from the infected computer system or other device.
How to manually remove Ghostify from your computer
Follow the below steps carefully to remove Ghostify completely from your computer.
Please Note that the manual steps involves registry changes which may damage your computer if not performed properly. For Automatic removal, please download the tool below which will do the same automatically without harming anything and does not require special attention.
How to manually remove Ghostify from browsers:
Step:1 • Remove unwanted and suspicious browser add-ons, toolbar and extensions:
|From Internet Explorer
1. Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner of the browser.
2. Choose Manage add-ons from the menu.
3. Select Toolbar and Extension tab.
4. Search for Ghostify or other suspicious add-ons.
5. Click Disable button.6. Select the following options one by one: Tool ->> Internet Options ->> Advanced ->> Reset7. On Reset IE settings tab, tick Delete personal settings, click Reset button and you will get Reset IE Settings window
|from Google Chrome:
1. Start google chrome
2. Type chrome://settings/ on the address bar.
3. Click on the Extensions tab.
4. Search for Ghostify or other suspicious extensions and delete it.
5. Reset Homepage and search engine.Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings:
1. Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom again and click Reset browser settings
1. Open your Safari browser from the dock.
2. Click on Safari in your Safari menu at the top of your screen.
3. A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled “Reset Safari…”
|From Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Type about:addonds on the address bar.
3. Search related Ghostify extensions or other suspicious extensions.
4. Click the remove button.5. Click on the orange Firefox icon->> choose Help ->>choose Troubleshooting information
6. Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want to reset the browser to its initial state. Click Finish button when you get the Import Complete window.
Note: This can only remove the extensions and add-ons from the browsers. The complete removal means more than this. You must reset browser settings and re-launch all the browsers. It is recommended to use automatic Reset browser option from the SpyHunter strong antivirus tool.
Step:-2 • Remove all associates files from operating system:
|From Windows XP:
1. Click Start
2. Choose control panel
3. Choose Add/Remove Programs
4. Find Ghostify related files.
5. Click Remove button.
|From Windows 8:
1. Right click on the bottom left corner of the computer screen
2. Choose control panel from the left menu
3. Go to programs and Features and click uninstall a program
4. Search for Ghostify and related suspicious program
5. Click Uninstall button.
|From Windows 7/ Vista:
1. Click start and select Control panel
2. Select Programs and features and Uninstall a program
3. Find Ghostify related files.
4. Click Remove button.
How to Remove Registry files from SafeMode:
There are many Malware/Adware/Spyware and malicious application which won’t allow the user to uninstall or remove the files with normal windows boot. In such scenarios, please follow the below instructions to start your computer in Safe mode and remove the malicious files and registry information.
Step 1: If ‘Ghostify stops you from starting your system in Safe Mode with Networking, attempt to restart your system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing ‘F8’ key while your system is booting.
Press F8 key continuously until the Windows Advanced Options Menu launches. And then press Enter key to continue.
Step 2: Once the windows started, Go to Start -> RUN -> Type “CMD”
On the ‘Command Prompt’ -> Type ‘Regedit’ to open ‘Windows Explorer’
- Registry Editor window will open, locate and delete all registry items associated with ‘Ghostify ‘ .
- Go to File click Export
- Save the File in c:\ as regbackup, click save
- Go to Edit<Find > and search for anyentry related to ‘Ghostify ‘ .
- Press Delete to remove it
- Continue pressing F3 and deleting items related to the program, until all the links are gone.
Note: You must only choose and delete the values and their associated registry entries for Ghostify , others should not be altered, edited or deleted. At any point you think not comfortable with the manual process, stop it immediately and use Ghostify . Removal Tool for safe problem solution.
Step:-4 • Reboot the Computer and Run the Anti-malware tool for Complete Removal of ‘Ghostify ‘ .
Automatic Ghostify Removal solution
SpyHunter has got all the feature that can help to remove Ghostify virus from the infected computer and also prevent the other threats to attack the device in future. Once SpyHunter starts to run in the background, it will keep up notified if any threat or PUP tries to enter. Another feature of SpyHunter is that, whenever you install any new program it will first scan the program and if it is not from any trusted source, it will notify you. Thus you can choose yourself either to go through the next installation step or stop right there.
How to install Spyhunter:
- Click on the above link to download and execute the required actions.
- After installation this program should be updated and scan. Examine the result when the scan will be finished. If you find some useful for you utilities in the list, so you can eliminate the tick near it, otherwise Spyhunter will remove the software. It pertains to the uncommon and special utilities that users install for their work. But generally, there is no need to delete any ticks.
- After that you should click Fix Threats button. If you have already had the license, then the viruses will be removed. In case you did not, then you will have the opportunity to pay for the license key.
Now Reboot the computer and run the scanner to detect any threat or suspicious program remaining inside. If you are not satisfied with the results and still see the issues, We recommend using the automatic Ghostify Removal tool for complete removal.
Unwanted Application uninstall recommendation
We would recommend to use ‘Perfect Uninstaller’ to safely uninstall any unwanted program including “Ghostify “. Sometimes, the corrupted files and malware won’t uninstall the traditional way of going to Add/Remove program and uninstall. If you are having trouble uninstalling such unwanted applications from your computer the ‘Perfect Uninstaller’ is the best solution.