|“Security Utility is a disguising browser extension that annoys users with its tricky pop-ups and advertisements. This program is categorized as a potentially unwanted program and can trigger lots of changes on all sorts of web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. If you haven’t installed Security Utility browser extension on your own and getting no means to remove it manually then try the easy removal way to permanently delete this threat, then you can follow the below guide.”|
What is Security Utility
Security Utility claims to be a useful application to protect your browser from malware. Well sound interesting, thus many users installed this program which comes at free of cost. Beside this being an adware it comes usually bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet. Once installed, it places its file inside the folder%ProgramFiles%\Security Utility and adds some registry codes to run from the background. It will corrupt your browser’s default setting and therefore you will see rapid pop up on your browser’s screen that your computer has virus and you need to resister its full version in order to resolve it. But be careful about such pop up as it is a trick to drag your computer to more risk as it may drop more unwanted toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs. You need to remove Security Utility immediately.
|Virus Name||Security Utility|
|Behavior||Security Utility” hijacks your current page and redirect it to advertising websites.|
|Risk Impacted||Performance degradation of system, Malware Attacks, Cyber Theft.|
|Applies on||All versions of Windows Operating System.|
We would recommend to use below tool and run it on your computer to remove Security Utility automatically.
How your computer got infected with Security Utility
Via freeware or shareware
Security Utility can be included within some freeware or shareware programs – as a legitimate way of generating advertising revenues that help to fund the development and distribution of the freeware or shareware program
A visit to an infected website can result in unauthorized installation of Security Utility. Hacker technologies are often used to penetrated via a browser vulnerability.
Effects of Security Utility on your computer
• Security Utility Hijacks your current webpage and redirect it to unknown sites.
• Security Utility always bypass security tools through rootkit tactic
• Security Utility is infamous for inserting computer with unknown infections
• Security Utility update your installed application without your permission.
• Security Utility can steal your personal data like IP address, login data and browsing keywords and visited URLs.
How to manually remove Security Utility from your computer
Follow the below steps carefully to remove Security Utility completely from your computer.
Please Note that the manual steps involves registry changes which may damage your computer if not performed properly. For Automatic removal, please download the tool below which will do the same automatically without harming anything and does not require special attention.
Automatic Removal of ‘Security Utility’
Manual Removal of ‘Security Utility’
Step 1: If this nasty Security Utility stops you from starting your system in Safe Mode with Networking, attempt to restart your system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing ‘F8’ key while your system is booting.
Press F8 key continuously until the Windows Advanced Options Menu launches. And then press Enter key to continue.
Step 2: Once the windows started, Go to Start -> RUN -> Type “CMD”
On the ‘Command Prompt’ -> Type ‘Explorer’ to open ‘Windows Explorer’
On the ‘Windows Explorer’ screen, please browse and open the below path
Step 3: The next step is to open ‘Registry’ and reset the default configuration. To do that, please follow the below steps.
Go to “Start” -> RUN -> ‘regedit’ -> Enter
The registry editor window will be opened.
On the Registry editor window, browse the below path by extending the relevant key. (Mentioned below). Select ‘Shell’ in the right side window and double click to change it’s value.
If it’s not already set to ‘Explorer.exe’ then change it to the same and click on ‘OK’ to exit.
How to install Spyhunter:
- Click on the above link to download and execute the required actions.
- After installation this program should be updated and scan. Examine the result when the scan will be finished. If you find some useful for you utilities in the list, so you can eliminate the tick near it, otherwise Spyhunter will remove the software. It pertains to the uncommon and special utilities that users install for their work. But generally, there is no need to delete any ticks.
- After that you should click Fix Threats button. If you have already had the license, then the viruses will be removed. In case you did not, then you will have the opportunity to pay for the license key.
Your computer is fully protected now.