My PC has certainly got infected by .merl Ransomware. I am unable to perform any activity on it and also the PC is running too slowly. I have tried to remove this threat but couldn’t, really worried for the security of my PC. Please help me to protect my computer from any type of corruption.
If you ever found your computer’s files are encrypted by .merl Ransomware, then consider it as a serious note. This Ransomware is usually distributed via spam e-mails, suspicious websites, torrents, P2P network and free software offering. Once your computer is infected, it will quickly sneak into and execute in the system process without the knowledge of the user. As soon as it finishes the setup, it will lock your computer screen and display a fake notification scaring Internet users worldwide with alleged messages !!!!README_FOR_SAVE FILES.txt format. Also, it asks for ransom to further unlock your files. Please be aware that even if you pay money there is no guarantee that you will get back your locked files. It’s a trap. The longer this virus .merl Ransomware remains in your computer, the more harm it does. It can steal your confidential information through monitoring the browsing activities. As a result, your privacy is exposed to a huge threat. .merl Ransomware is a highly dangerous virus which may cost you loosing all your data if not act on time. It is strongly recommended you to remove it as soon as possible.
List of file extension encrypted
.jpg, .jpeg, .raw, .tif, .gif, .png, .bmp, .3dm, .max, .accdb, .db, .dbf, .mdb, .pdb, .sql, .dwg, .dxf, .cpp, .cs, .h, .php, .asp, .rb, .java, .jar, .class, .py, .js, .aaf, .aep, .aepx, .plb, .prel, .prproj, .aet, .ppj, .psd, .indd, .indl, .indt, .indb, .inx, .idml, .pmd, .xqx, .xqx, .ai, .eps, .ps, .svg, .swf, .fla, .as3, .as, .txt, .doc, .dot, .docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm, .docb, .rtf, .wpd, .wps, .msg, .pdf, .xls, .xlt, .xlm, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsb, .xla, .xlam, .xll, .xlw, .ppt, .pot, .pps, .pptx, .pptm, .potx, .potm, .ppam, .ppsx, .ppsm, .sldx, .sldm, .wav, .mp3, .aif, .iff, .m3u, .m4u, .mid, .mpa, .wma, .ra, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .3gp, .mpeg, .3g2, .asf, .asx, .flv, .mpg, .wmv, .vob, .m3u8, .dat, .csv, .efx, .sdf, .vcf, .xml, .ses, .qbw, .qbb, .qbm, .qbi, .qbr , .cnt, .des, .v30, .qbo, .ini, .lgb, .qwc, .qbp, .aif, .qba, .tlg, .qbx, .qby , .1pa, .qpd, .txt, .set, .iif, .nd, .rtp, .tlg, .wav, .qsm, .qss, .qst, .fx0, .fx1, .mx0, .fpx, .fxr, .fim, .ptb, .ai, .pfb, .cgn, .vsd, .cdr, .cmx, .cpt, .csl, .cur, .des, .dsf, .ds4, , .drw, .eps, .ps, .prn, .gif, .pcd, .pct, .pcx, .plt, .rif, .svg, .swf, .tga, .tiff, .psp, .ttf, .wpd, .wpg, .wi, .raw, .wmf, .txt, .cal, .cpx, .shw, .clk, .cdx, .cdt, .fpx, .fmv, .img, .gem, .xcf, .pic, .mac, .met, .pp4, .pp5, .ppf, .nap, .pat, .ps, .prn, .sct, .vsd, .wk3, .wk4, .xpm, .zip, .rar.
If you are among the one being a victim of “ .merl Ransomware”, then we would strongly suggest you not to pay any ransom to illegitimate persons behind it. Because even after paying they are not going to give your files back. So it is urged that you must opt for removal solutions for .merl Ransomware extension and try to recover files by automatic data recovery tool or any backup copy if you have.
We would recommend to use below tool and run it on your computer to remove .merl Ransomware automatically.
Methods Of Distribution
Perhaps you are not very much sure how it got into your PC, as the method of distribution of .merl Ransomware is quite tricky. it can be distributed with third-party installation setups. or may be got inside your PC while Visiting any suspicious links like pornographic, torrents, suspicious pop-ups so on. .merl Ransomware can also infect the targeted PC while Updating existing programs/applications from any unverified redirected links or Peer-to-Peer sharing of files, playing online games, downloading pirated software, infected media devices.
Hence users are always advised to choose “custom” or “Advanced” installation steps while going through next installation procedure. and must remain alert while updating their software or sharing any files through the internet.
Effect Of .merl Ransomware virus on your computer
- Deletes shadow copies of the encrypted files to make it unable for users to recover back.
- Restrict users to access their files by encrypting them.
- Targets registry files and corrupts them.
- Throws fake security alerts, pop-ups and warnings.
Methods to remove .merl Ransomware from the computer
If you have .merl Ransomware virus dropped inside, then your computer might also be infected with other spyware and potentially unwanted programs. You can try removing those manually, but manual method may not help you out fully to remove all the threats as they can regenerate itself if a single program code remain inside. Also, manual method requires very much proficiency in registry and program details, ant single mistake can put you in big trouble. Your computer may even crash down in the middle. Thus, Security researchers and virus experts always recommend using powerful and effective anti-spyware scanner and protector tool to completely remove the spyware or other potentially unwanted software from the infected computer system or other device.
How to manually remove .merl Ransomware from your computer
Follow the below steps carefully to remove .merl Ransomware completely from your computer.
Please Note that the manual steps involves registry changes which may damage your computer if not performed properly. For Automatic removal, please download the tool below which will do the same automatically without harming anything and does not require special attention.
How to manually remove .merl Ransomware from browsers:
Step:1 • Remove unwanted and suspicious browser add-ons, toolbar and extensions:
|From Internet Explorer
1. Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner of the browser.
2. Choose Manage add-ons from the menu.
3. Select Toolbar and Extension tab.
4. Search for .merl Ransomware or other suspicious add-ons.
5. Click Disable button.6. Select the following options one by one: Tool ->> Internet Options ->> Advanced ->> Reset7. On Reset IE settings tab, tick Delete personal settings, click Reset button and you will get Reset IE Settings window
|from Google Chrome:
1. Start google chrome
2. Type chrome://settings/ on the address bar.
3. Click on the Extensions tab.
4. Search for .merl Ransomware or other suspicious extensions and delete it.
5. Reset Homepage and search engine.Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings:
1. Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings
2. Scroll down to the bottom again and click Reset browser settings
1. Open your Safari browser from the dock.
2. Click on Safari in your Safari menu at the top of your screen.
3. A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled “Reset Safari…”
|From Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Type about:addonds on the address bar.
3. Search related .merl Ransomware extensions or other suspicious extensions.
4. Click the remove button.5. Click on the orange Firefox icon->> choose Help ->>choose Troubleshooting information
6. Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want to reset the browser to its initial state. Click Finish button when you get the Import Complete window.
Note: This can only remove the extensions and add-ons from the browsers. The complete removal means more than this. You must reset browser settings and re-launch all the browsers. It is recommended to use automatic Reset browser option from the SpyHunter strong antivirus tool.
Step:-2 • Remove all associates files from operating system:
|From Windows XP:
1. Click Start
2. Choose control panel
3. Choose Add/Remove Programs
4. Find .merl Ransomware related files.
5. Click Remove button.
|From Windows 8:
1. Right click on the bottom left corner of the computer screen
2. Choose control panel from the left menu
3. Go to programs and Features and click uninstall a program
4. Search for .merl Ransomware and related suspicious program
5. Click Uninstall button.
|From Windows 7/ Vista:
1. Click start and select Control panel
2. Select Programs and features and Uninstall a program
3. Find .merl Ransomware related files.
4. Click Remove button.
How to Remove Registry files from SafeMode:
There are many Malware/Adware/Spyware and malicious application which won’t allow the user to uninstall or remove the files with normal windows boot. In such scenarios, please follow the below instructions to start your computer in Safe mode and remove the malicious files and registry information.
Step 1: If ‘ .merl Ransomware stops you from starting your system in Safe Mode with Networking, attempt to restart your system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing ‘F8’ key while your system is booting.
Press F8 key continuously until the Windows Advanced Options Menu launches. And then press Enter key to continue.
Step 2: Once the windows started, Go to Start -> RUN -> Type “CMD”
On the ‘Command Prompt’ -> Type ‘Regedit’ to open ‘Windows Explorer’
- Registry Editor window will open, locate and delete all registry items associated with ‘ .merl Ransomware ‘ .
- Go to File click Export
- Save the File in c:\ as regbackup, click save
- Go to Edit<Find > and search for anyentry related to ‘ .merl Ransomware ‘ .
- Press Delete to remove it
- Continue pressing F3 and deleting items related to the program, until all the links are gone.
Note: You must only choose and delete the values and their associated registry entries for .merl Ransomware , others should not be altered, edited or deleted. At any point you think not comfortable with the manual process, stop it immediately and use .merl Ransomware . Removal Tool for safe problem solution.
Step:-4 • Reboot the Computer and Run the Anti-malware tool for Complete Removal of ‘ .merl Ransomware ‘ .
Automatic .merl Ransomware Removal solution
SpyHunter has got all the feature that can help to remove .merl Ransomware virus from the infected computer and also prevent the other threats to attack the device in future. Once SpyHunter starts to run in the background, it will keep up notified if any threat or PUP tries to enter. Another feature of SpyHunter is that, whenever you install any new program it will first scan the program and if it is not from any trusted source, it will notify you. Thus you can choose yourself either to go through the next installation step or stop right there.
How to install Spyhunter:
Please follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully.
- Once you’ve clicked on the download button, the file name “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” will start downloading to your computer. You can refresh this page to restart the download if needed.
- In the “Downloads” dialog box, double-click the “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to open it.
- If the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes”.
- Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to move on to the next step.
- To proceed to the installation, click “Continue” button.
- Click “Finish” on the last step. If the dialog box prompts you to enter information, you have the option of adding your own information or simply accept the default information that the setup program provided.
- Once the program has completely installed, you can delete the file name “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” from the Desktop. To open “SpyHunter”, locate it on the Desktop and click on its icon; or go to the Windows “Start” menu, select “Programs” or “All Programs” and click on the “SpyHunter” icon.
- After installation this program should be updated and scan. Examine the result when the scan will be finished. If you find some useful for you utilities in the list, so you can eliminate the tick near it, otherwise Spyhunter will remove the software. It pertains to the uncommon and special utilities that users install for their work. But generally, there is no need to delete any ticks.
- After that you should click Fix Threats button. If you have already had the license, then the viruses will be removed. In case you did not, then you will have the opportunity to pay for the license key.
Now Reboot the computer and run the scanner to detect any threat or suspicious program remaining inside. If you are not satisfied with the results and still see the issues, We recommend using the automatic .merl Ransomware Removal tool for complete removal.
Automatic Removal solution for .merl Ransomware Virus
For Mac Users, Experts Recommend the Most Trusted and Effective Anti-malware solution..
Click the above link to download “MacKeeper Lite” and follow the installation instruction.
Unwanted Application uninstall recommendation
We would recommend to use ‘Perfect Uninstaller’ to safely uninstall any unwanted program including ” .merl Ransomware “. Sometimes, the corrupted files and malware won’t uninstall the traditional way of going to Add/Remove program and uninstall. If you are having trouble uninstalling such unwanted applications from your computer the ‘Perfect Uninstaller’ is the best solution.